Software Engineer, Unearth May 2020 – July 2021
- With only weeks until the election, I wireframed, designed, and developed a California polling location lookup tool that gave county-by-county information on COVID-19 voting procedures. The tool was used by one of the highest-funded ballot initiative campaigns in California's history to boost turnout in key regions and helped defeat the initiative.
- Led the migration of the company’s flagship app from legacy PHP to Laravel, React, and TypeScript while continuing to add features. I built integrations with Twilio, Mailgun, Cicero, and Communicating With Congress to connect constituents with their elected officials.
- Rapidly designed and developed internal automation tools that interfaced with external data providers such as Google’s Civic API, Slack, and several personal-data enrichment providers. These tools went from concept-to-production in 2 weeks or less, streamlining the company’s data aggregation processes from weeks to minutes.
Freelance Web Developer Feb 2017 – May 2020
- Designed and developed the website for iconic comic book author Stan Lee's “Hands of Respect” campaign.
- Built websites for two statewide political campaigns that successfully defeated ballot initiatives to raise taxes on tobacco products.
- Sourced data and developed a web application that was used as a promotional tool for a major climate changed focused movie. The app allowed users to search their zip code to find if their utility company supported the Clean Power Plan, and it also visualized their region’s renewable energy mix.
Bachelor of Arts, Communication Studies concentration in Public Relations.
California Sacramento State University, Sacramento. Summer 2015 Graduate.